City : Birmingham
Email : contact[/@/]thomasgsp.fr
GitHub : https://github.com/ThomasGsp
Driver’s licence category B
French - Native
English - Intermediate
Seeking for new challenges in an international and Devops environment, I moved to the UK. My background comprises of several positions working on Linux systems and Python development. I am currently expanding my knowledge in noSQL databases and am open to opportunities.
AlterwayHosting - Linux System Engineer (2016 - today)
Design, deployment and management of high availability web hosting services for a variety of customers: French public services, political parties and media corporations
- Infrastructure management: Between 10 to 200 servers per customers (10), working in a team of six. My position was Linux Engineer level 2.
- Infrastructure deployment: Writing Playbook to deploy the new infrastructures with the industrialization system.
- Optimization: Databases and web servers configurations, with the goal to optimize the values of the customer’s applications
- Analysis: Troubleshooting issues or recurrent problems reported by the customers and the internals teams
Involvement in internal projects
- Working hand-in-hand with the industrialization team to test new functionalities and report issues on the Ansible roles
- Development of internal tools in python: Board for the infrastructure visualization and management (Github)
External customers projects
A mission for the French socialist political party, during their internal election. This mission was devised in two parts:
- Infrastructure and services deployment for the online voting system to French expatriate people. My work was audited by a security expert and controlled by a bailiff.
- Infrastructure deployment for the local vote (not online) and display of results in real time. This platform has supported more than 20k concurrent connection at peak time.
- Technologies set up:
- MongoDB (cluster), Elasticsearch(cluster), Mysql(Replication).
- Nginx, Varnish (cache).
- Gunicorn (WSGI HTTP Server)
- Duplicity (Encrypted backups).
Providing technical support
- Supporting day-to-day the customers Linux servers: updates, security patch, monitoring
- Advising, solving and applying customers’ requests: from basics problems like setting up the requirements to hosting a new website, to the infrastructure evolution
- Supervision: incident qualification and timely resolution
Crypteo - System and network technician (work/study program 2013 - 2014)
- Network and system administration Linux/Windows for small company, town hall, schools...
Personal IT projects, volunteering
- Scripting & dev : System admin utilities, CVE scanner (Python2.7), websites...
- Infrastructure management for association: Working in a team of 5 volunteers to provide large IT services for a Maker-space with more than 300 members devised in two different sites (websites hosting, authentication system, cloud software, networking access…)
System, Services, Databases
- Servers, Virtualizations — Linux (Debian), Proxmox (LXC/OpenVz/KVM).
- Services — Bind9, Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Php-fpm, Postfix, Haproxy...
- Supervision — Zabbix, Centreon
- SQL Databases — MySQL, Postgresql (Cluster & réplication )
- NoSQL Databases — MongoDB, Elasticsearch (basic knowledge)
Languages, Scripting, Programming
- Python 2.7/3.x, Bash
- CSS, PHP, xHTML.
Certifications and IT formations
- CCNA Exploration: LAN, WAN, Network Monitoring
- Formation: Varnish (Varnish Software), MongoDB ( M201 - Online MongoDB University)
Education - IT DEGREE
Master Degree: Systems and networking engineering University of Paris Saclay (2014 - 2016)
Bachelor degree: Administration and security of network University of Montpellier, France (2013 - 2014)
- Technical degree: Business computing Bahuet high-school, France (2011-2013)
- IT security watch : member of an security IT community.
- Self-educated: MongoDB(M201 - 2018), Python ...
- Associative domain: Active member in a Fab LAB (maker place).